mammadavis

Brooke

Monday, March 05, 2007

Dental check-up





Long time no blog. I've been quite busy and was reminded that I actually have friends that want to be updated!

As you can tell by the pictures, Hallie has been initiated into my world. She had her first dental appointment last week and did great!! I was so proud of her. She even sat still through a series of x-rays. Her teeth were clean and shiny and she smiled at everyone on the way home. Her permanent teeth are quite crowded looking so I am hoping that when her jaw grows, some of them will straighten out a little. If not, she may need braces like her mother did! I have enjoyed school so much and cleaning teeth has been a whole new learning experience. Every patient is different and influences me. Hopefully I have some impact on them as well!

The picture of Bryce was taken after school one afternoon. I think he was having a great time with ranch. It is kinda hard to tell. He is constantly busy and keeping me going. I have started to catch him talking to himself and playing "out loud" with his toys (pretending). He is learning how to be dramatic like Hallie, like mother. He was forced to spend quality time with his father after I caught him trying to put a pantie liner on.

Hallie had grown up so much and becoming such a lady. She rarely surprises me. This past weekend she informed Scott that she knew why God gave us fingers. "To pick out eye boogers! And to pick up things." How right she is!

We are doing good but we miss our friends terribly!!!

Hope everyone else is doing good. I love you all!

I'll leave you with a little dental wisdom: Do NOT let your children drink after you or anybody else especially if they have cavities. Cavities are formed when certain bacteria are present in the mouth. I guess you could say that they are contagious! If the child takes that bacteria into their mouth and has the right pH and sugary environment, the child is more prone to cavities! I know that impresses all of you as much as it did me.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger realitymomma said…

    you look so professional! i can tell you are going to love your job. ok, thanks for the tip, but it is scary. we all drink after each other and that scares me now. at least i can say now i know why i have so many cavaties and bad teeth - i caught them from other people......

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the pictures!! sounds like things are going well at school - so glad you are enjoying what you do. We miss you guys and hope to see all of you soon.
    Hugs and kisses to all.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kerri Thompson said…

    The pictures are great. That cavity thing is gross. I bet that applies to kissing too, huh? Can't wait to see you this weekend.

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger A D said…

    That was very informative. Thanks. I liked the part about Bryce with a panty liner. Elizabeth is always wanting to get me a pad - at that time. One time she informed me she could put it on for me...I politely said no thank you...The finger thing was cute too. I am always amazed at what their little minds come up with.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger realitymomma said…

    your kids are precious, wish i was close, i need to get to a dentist desperately, and your kitchen is huge! how nice. miss you and miss not seeing your happy face and pretty voice. ok, that sounds like i don't think your face is pretty. i miss your beautiful, happy face and hearing your pretty voice. hope you all are doing well. maybe we will be in lubbock at the same time sometime......

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hadn't seen these pictures till Aunt Wellen told me they were here. She's worried that you have moved entirely to MySpace and she and I don't know how to get into that. We hope you keep up the blog. Miss you!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Lisa Renee said…

    EASTER PICS PLEASE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home