mammadavis

Brooke

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Update 101




Okay, I apologize to everyone who reads my blog. I do feel better now knowing that more than one person reads whats going on in our life. So many of you told me that you enjoy hearing from us so I will continue to update as I can. If you do want to be my "friend" on myspace, my page is http://www.myspace.com/137693453 I think...

Anyway, school has started again and I am already exhausted. Right now I feel like I'm in a tunnel because I have a head cold. I caught it from Bryce. He was sick last week and missed a couple of days of school. I took him to the doctor and they sent him home saying that he was just congested. That night he ran high fever and continued with the fever for 2-3 days so the doctors wanted to see him again and figured he had a virus. Long story short... he coughs a lot and doesn't sleep unless he is on my pillow! Hence is where I caught the cold!

I have also been under a little stress as well. The kids' daycare is shutting down and gave me a whole weeks notice! After calling TEN daycares that are all full, I placed my children on waiting lists and finally found one open that will take both kids next Monday. I have all the anxiety and sadness of placing them in daycare all over again! It is a little more expensive and further away but seems more organized than the current one. I like flexibility when it comes to keeping my kids happy but I am also glad to hear that they keep strict rules and regulations. I hope to take the kids by this week and let them see their new rooms and teachers. Please pray that they adjust well and have loving teachers that will be good "substitute mothers" for the day.

My school is going okay so far. Like I mentioned in my previous blog, I really need patients for my first couple of weeks starting on Feb. 15th. I think I gave the wrong date last time. If I don't have family or friends come, then I will see strangers which may not be such a bad thing.

Scott's school is good. His basketball team is playing hard. They are very unexperienced but good kids. I am so glad that he has a job he enjoys so that he can support his family. He works so hard for us.

My mom came and visited this weekend and gave us the much needed love and recuperation that we all needed. She treated us to restaurants all weekend. No cooking, cleaning dishes, or leftovers! We hardly ever eat out so it was great! The kids were SO HAPPY to see her and I think it did her good to see us as well. We rented movies last night. Scott watched a scary one so us girls watched "The Devil Wears Prada." It was great but staying up until one talking was even better.

I hope everyone has a great week. Love you all. Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the pictures!! We will be praying that the transition to the new day care is a smooth one for all of you.
    love ya.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Kerri Thompson said…

    I haven't been on this in a couple of weeks, but love the pictures, Hallie looks good as a red head. I'll be up there soon. Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home