mammadavis

Brooke

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Wonderful Holiday


We had such a great holiday. My kids are so incredibly spoiled. I requested that they received clothes for gifts since they only had a few that fit their long bodies...but what kid can't get a toy from every set of grandparents they have? (They are blessed with three great sets of grandparents) So yesterday I found myself cleaning out their rooms so I could fit the new stuff in. What a blessing! I am so glad that my kids are provided for. Scott and I struggle very often with making ends meet. Sometimes we make it and a lot of times we don't but our kids don't have a clue. We have such a great family and support system that keeps them feeling rich with love ...and toys.


I started the holiday by visiting Scott's sister, Carlee and her twin additions to the family. They are such sweet babies. I tried to post pictures of them but my computer is not downloading them. You can see them on my myspace page if you have a myspace account. I think I got my baby fix for now. Their names are Jamie and Jessie. They don't look anything alike. Jessie is the one with the round face and kissable cheeks. He is the cutest grunter ever. Anytime you or he moves any part of his body, he groans like an old man. I giggled listening to him. It is really a cute trait. Jamie is the one with the longer face and slanted eyes. He slept more than Jessie and tends to be very calm until you feed him then he is likely to explode all over you. I had to fight Hallie to hold them. She loved her new cousins. Bryce liked them too. He would say, "I wanna hode it." and "Hi Baby" in a really high voice. He was more interested in what Brayden was doing or even more so what the dog and cat were doing. Scott joined us in Dallas and we were able to visit his mom, step dad, brother and his family. His brother just recently had a little girl. She is in NICU because she was too early. She was so tiny and precious. We are praying hard that she continues to grow strong and develops as she should. After that we went back to Witchita Falls area to be with his dad and step mom. We had a wonderful stay and returned home to unpack, repack, reload and go to Lubbock to have Christmas with my side of the family. Our break did not seem nearly long enough. Scott had to go back to school today and it is very gloomy around here without him. I have two more weeks til I have to go back.

I have to say that I am proud to have all my Christmas stuff up and the house clean. It is fading fast but I don't care. I have the project of making curtains for my living room. I tried to get started sewing but my machine and I kept disagreeing. I can't seem to figure out why it won't work but I can guarantee you that it can make me mad faster than anything else I own. Scott walked in the kitchen and said.... "I think I'll leave you alone for now." I think it is time to call in reinforcement. I promise I will win and I will hang them by their necks over my windows!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. May God bless each and every one of you and show you his will.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger A D said…

    I have a myspace account, myspace.com/aprildye, what is yours? I tried to look up by your name but I thought it might be easier if I just asked.
    Thanks.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Lisa Renee said…

    Glad you had such a wonderful holiday. The kids look so cute in their Christmas attire next to the tree..... but of course they do :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home