mammadavis

Brooke

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I am still alive

Well...the week is half way underway and I am still excited about being in school. I feel so priveledged to be only one of twenty-eight students selected for dental hygiene. I have spent more money in the last few days than I have ever owned. At least I don't have to open my own practice when it is all said and done. Our first day was crammed with information on what things we needed. We are starting to learn that the building is cold all the time. We all wear jeans and sweatshirts. My "big sister" at school gave me a blanket for class! I am very excited to be here and do not mind the early mornings just yet. Taking the kids to daycare is of coarse the hardest part of the day (which I anticipated). I cried so hard that I did not have much make-up on for the day. Bryce held onto my shirt and cried, "mamma!" Hallie just hid between my legs and said nothing. They both did better today. I am sure they will have great days and bad days.....don't we all! So for now, all I have to do is read and get ahead of schedule. I will be contacting you guys in about six months for cleanings! I know where you live! After school, I have picked up the kids early and kissed them until they hollered. Hallie said,"Why did you miss me so much?"
Other than school, our weather is crazy! It has rained every day for the last week. Last night it rained THREE inches in 20-30 minutes. We had flooding everywhere, cars were floating down the streets. The interstate was closed! and sadly a 17 year old boy died in a fast flowing current. I walked outside to get something out of my car and I felt like I was living in another part of the world!
(Funny Hallie moment: She said, "You know, someday, I will have crazy hair and I will say 'where did I get this stuff. It's nuts!' ....but for now, it takes me where I need to go.") Now picture her saying that without the pronunciation of her "R"s. - And that is why I missed her so much!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Kerri Thompson said…

    It am a little teary-eyed from Hallie's "why'd you miss us so much?" comment. Glad things are going good this week. Stay dry!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Lisa Renee said…

    Saying some prayers about the daycare situation but glad school is going well. I would LOVE a free cleaning! WE don't have dental ins. after November! BTW, you both look beautiful in the wedding pics!

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Brook,

    I am so glad I have this site to keep up with you and your family. I am so excited for all you are doing. Hug the kids and scott from me. I miss you all!

    Hugs and Kisses

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Larissa said…

    That is so cute Brooke! Madi has problems with her R's too. What a funny girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home