mammadavis

Brooke

Friday, August 18, 2006

Wonderful Chaos













The wedding was beautiful. Amber looked like a princess. Hallie did too! It was so much fun to get all dressed up, have our hair done, and even get pedicures! The ceremony was short and sweet. I walked down the aisle only to hear Bryce say, "Mamma!" over and over. His little voice was so excited since he had not seen me all day. He got distracted once my little princess came down the aisle. She dropped one flower petal at a time and still had a huge basketful to hand out to everybody after the ceremony. Scott did not get to see much of the wedding. Bryce would not stop hollering "mamma." I am so happy for Amber and wish her the best.
The rest of the weekend was more chaos. My car's air conditioner quit and took a couple of days to repair....long story short- it was covered under extended warranty. (Thank you God for watching over me.) My mom and dad moved houses on the same day as the wedding. I was not much help. Scott helped when he wasn't playing golf! (I do not think he was thinking clear when he made those plans.) The kids and I stayed a couple of extra days to help unpack. Bryce is good at it. It was good to be back "home" even though it was a new house. (My parents lived at their old house for almost 29 years. ) Good-bye old home. I'll miss you dearly!
We are now back at our home and preparing for school. I start school Monday. Scott is enjoying his new school. It is very nice and new with lots of work. This will be a tough year on us all.....exciting but tough.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You two look beautiful in the pictures. It was so great to see you while you were here. I will be thinking about you this next week with school and day care. Hang in there. Just think, less than two weeks until the river!
    Love, Sarah

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger A D said…

    You both look absolutely beautiful!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brooke! Will you e-mail your new email address to me! I lost it! :)

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I need your email address!!! I have changed jobs and my email contacts were left there! I miss ya and I hope you are doing well. Tell everyone hi and that I love 'em!
    Talk to you soon...
    Amber
    My work email is now
    awoodard@wilkslubbock.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home