mammadavis

Brooke

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Three great relationships

Christmas is such a busy time of travel and gift buying that it is so easy to overlook the true meaning of Christmas. I am so glad that I have a relationship with God that is the basis of everything I do. I am not sure why God decided to give me the parents he did but I was raised to know Him because of them. I am not sure why He gave me the husband and children I have but I am blessed because He did. Most of all I do not know why he gave his son's life for mine but I am saved because He did. May we all hold each other accountable for our actions and lift each other up to better serve Him this New Year.

Another relationship I am so grateful of is the one I have with my husband. Scott and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this Holiday season. What a wonderful five years its been. He is such a great husband and father to my children. I love everything about him and he helps me be a better wife and mother. He can always make me smile. He thinks I'm pretty and smart. He loves me for who I am and he supports me in every way possible. I could go on and on about him but I'll save that for some other day. I look forward to the rest of my life with him.

Last but not least, I am grateful for the relationship I had with my grandmother, Broxie. (Pronounced Brooksie) I had the priveledge of knowing her sweet Christian side while I grew up. She was quite ornery and spunky at times too. She had a love for the Lord and her family. She has been sick the past couple of years and was staying at a nursing home in Lubbock. My kids and I would visit her a couple days a week and we all enjoyed our time together. She would make crafts for Hallie and she would be amazed at the new "tricks" Bryce would do each new day. She would talk about the way she raised her children and tell me all kinds of stories about my mother when she was little. Her big brown eyes would sparkle and you could tell that she was so proud of her family. She went to meet her maker last night. I am extremely sad to have her be gone but I am so glad that I know where she went. I am glad she does not have to suffer any more. I am most proud of the woman she was. By her example, she taught my mother how to be a wonderful mother, wife, and friend and now that has been passed on to me. I am grateful of her love and devotion to Christ. I hope I can carry on her teachings to my children and so on. Because of her, I am the way I am today. I love you Boopie. See you again one day.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Lisa Renee said…

    She sounds like such a wonderful lady! You are SO blessed with your family and that is evident in the way you lead your life. I will be praying for your family as you mourn your loss and rejoicing with you as she is with The Lord! Praise God for all you wrote about. Miss seeing your face around here........

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Alisha Stewart said…

    I am so inspired by the way you are able to see things through a heavenly perspective while mourning the loss of your grandmother. You and your children are so blessed to have been able to know her so well while she was here. Keep those fond memories close to your heart and she will always be with you until you meet again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home